Trader Joe's Fall Grocery Guide

Do you find the onslaught of pumpkin items overwhelming? Do you want to find hidden gems without having to spend money on the duds? Have I got a grocery list for you!*

*I haven't tried every pumpkin or fall item Trader Joe's has to offer. Please note that I have a baseline ambivalence/apathy toward pumpkin spice and that it is not meant to offend any pumpkin spice lovers. My top five is meant to point you in the direction of things I think are worth trying and buying, but note that there are a ton of pumpkin/fall items available and you'll have to sift through a bunch to find your favorites too. 

**Check back for updates - this post will be updated as I try/find new things. Italicized links should take you to the Trader Joe's product page as I have reviewed everything on this blog. 


Five Favorite Fall Items 


1. Pumpkin Spice Granola - This is the cereal I used to bribe my ex-coworker with to review my performance review. It's pleasant by itself right out of the bag or eaten in any way that you like cereal. 


2. Fall Harvest Salsa - I wish this salsa was available year round. I don't normally like fruit salsa. This has a wee bit of sweetness to it and is chock full of fall produce. Perfect for dipping with sweet potato tortilla chips, which are available most of the year. 


3. Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter - If you love pumpkin and cookie butter, why not try pumpkin spice cookie butter? Sweet and pretty good on most bread/muffins/waffles/pancakes. If you like this, you might consider trying pumpkin butter as well. 


4. Organic Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark - A nice treat that isn't too unhealthy. 


5. Scone Mixes - I like to do my own baking, often using Trader Joe's organic canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. BUT if you like baking without the work, the pumpkin cranberry scone mix and pumpkin spice scone mix are good to pick up. The pumpkin spice pancake/waffle mix isn't bad either and comes in a gluten-free version as well. 


6. Harvest Blend Herbal Tea - I lied. I had to sneak in a 6th item. If you love apple and cinnamon and herbal tea, this is a must have. $1.99 a box. 

Below are items listed by category 

Bakery
- Pumpkin Bagels - Saw them recently at TJ's. Apparently very popular.

- Pumpkin Chai Spice Loaf - Looks tempting but I think I can make this myself.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins - I say skip. Use the pancake bread mix to make it yourself and slather pumpkin cream cheese on top. 


Beverages
- Honey Crisp Apple Cider

- Organic Cold Pressed Fuji Apple Spiced Cider - glorified apple cider juice for grown-ups

- Pumpkin Spice Almond Beverage - Also not a huge fan but it tastes similar to the pumpkin spice coffee

- Pumpkin Spice Rooibos - Not a huge rooibos fan.

- Pumpkin Spice Coffee - This is a love it or leave it product. I returned mine because I thought it was gross and got my money back.

- Spiced Cider - Probably decently good


Cheese

Frozen
Pumpkin Croissants - TJ's has a good reputation for croissants. I'd be willing to try these.

- Pumpkin Ice Cream - Not something that appeals to me but apparently pretty good.

- Pumpkin Macarons - Very sweet, not my favorite.

- Pumpkin Mochi Ice Cream - It's aiite.

- Pumpkin Waffles - Not bad.


Grocery/Produce
- Autumn Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce - TRY THIS PLEASE

- Beer Bread Mix - Baking mix for an easy, tasty quick bread

- Organic Canned Pumpkin - I use this for baking. It's usually cheaper than the grocery store alternative and not waterlogged.

- Pumpkin Baking Bar Mix

- Pumpkin Bread Mix - I've never bothered to try this because I'm convinced I can make a comparable if not better version from scratch.

- Pumpkin Cornbread Mix - It's aiite.

- Pumpkins - No link for this, but TJ's carries actual pumpkins of all different shapes and sizes for eating and decorating around the house. The mini ones are $0.69 each and are cute for decorating.

- Pumpkin O's - Pumpkin flavored Cheerios. Or O's cereal. Whatever.

- Pumpkin Pie Spice - $1.99 for a jar of seasoning. Cheapest I've seen in any grocery store. I use this for pumpkin-themed baking. 

- Zucchette Pasta - Cute little pumpkin pasta

Snacks & Sweets
- Ghosts & Bats Crispy Potato Snacks - Pretty tasty and cute shapes

- Halloween Joe Joe's - A Trader Joe's version of an Oreo cookie shaped like a jack-o-lantern

- Haunted Gingerbread House Kit - I've enjoyed other versions of the TJ's gingerbread house kits. I'm sure this would be a fun one too.

- Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies - Doesn't appeal to me.

- Pumpkin Biscotti - Pretty good actually.

- Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps - They're aiite.

- Pumpkin Joe Joe's - A vanilla sandwich cookie with a pumpkin spice flavored cream filling. Never bothered trying it.

- Pumpkin Soup Crackers - I almost got these but the box felt pretty light. I put it back. 




SaveSave

Comments

  1. Your loss on the Joe-Joe's. I wait all this time just to stock up on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The granola bark with dark chocolate is delicious! I stock up on the harvest blend tea and canned organic pumpkin (i add it to oatmeal and smoothies).
    The pumpkin croissants were discontinued.
    I buy the apiced apple cider from the fridge section once a year and drink it hot but with a good splash of water because it's very sweet, i love the frangrance of it and my nephew likes it a lot too
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment