Trader Joe's Pumpkin Biscotti






Brought these to work on Columbus Day to celebrate the fact that the government takes a day off, and I get paid holiday rate for working. Of course, my coworkers were like, "you got ENGAGED and all you brought were biscotti??" (They didn't actually say that. It was more like, "You got engaged AND brought us biscotti? WE LIKE YOU!") They also rated this very highly. Half of them gave perfect 10s. I'm a little more stingy. Saving my 10 for absolute perfection. 




Tangent -- I realize Trader Joe's currently has about 34 different pumpkin products gracing the shelves. It would be utter madness to review all of them, especially since -- Ima be honest -- pumpkin is kind of overrated. Have you ever eaten an actual pumpkin? No taste! Sometimes I think I should just take my $1.99 pumpkin pie spice and use it on everything to make everything taste pumpkin, because that's all pumpkin flavoring is (a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and/or ginger). Also, I recently had a not-so-great experience with the pumpkin spice coffee, such that it will not be getting a separate review! Or a photo! Cuz I returned that stuff faster than you can say pumpkin spice latte. It was my only coffee at hand during nightshift. The smell made me gag, and no coffee has ever done that. Smooth? Nope. Strong? Other than the smell, not really. Good black? Absolutely not. Tasted better with milk, but I could not finish it and thank God the other night nurse forced me to take a nap rather than finish that coffee. Oddly, right after I got off work, I sampled the breakfast blend coffee w/ a shot of the pumpkin spice coffee, and it STILL made me gag. Verdict? Not rated. I can't even.


Anyways, I did enjoy these biscotti. I'm a fan of the hazelnut, almond, and ginger varieties. These would pair nicely with a pumpkin spice latte or plain coffee. Not too overwhelmingly sweet, not too hard on the molars. Nice seasonal biscuit, though since it tastes more like ginger (rather than pumpkin because of the  said pumpkin pie spice) it would be enjoyable year round. These go for $3.99 a box, which is rather sad because there was a time where these biscottis went for $2.99!! For that price, I'd go for the hazelnut every time.


My rankings of TJ's biscotti:

Hazelnut > iced triple ginger = pumpkin > almond


TL;DR: Trader Joe's Pumpkin Biscotti. Deliciously pumpkin-pie-spiced. 7 out of 10. 

Comments