Skip to main content

Trader Joe's Ghosts & Bats Crispy Potato Snacks

We have arrived at my favorite month of the year. The foliage. The crisp autumn air. The pumpkin spice-less Trader Joe's stuff. How thrilling!




THE PACKAGING THOUGH! SO CUTE. The only reason I haven't reviewed this sooner is A vetoed me picking these up in California. No way were we going to hike up to Twin Peaks carrying a ginormous bag of TJ snacks (translation: A did not want to hike while carrying my TJ snacks :P).


And they tried to make a cute little rhyme! That doesn't make much sense! I'm sold. 


Okay, confession. Up until now I've only said nice things about these snacks, but truthfully when I picked them up and looked at the back, I thought to myself, "Baked Lays." That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it means less crunch. Less fun. But extra points for doing ghosts and bats, rather than pumpkin. I think I might like pumpkins for maybe a week, tolerate them for another week and a half, and pine for them to go after that. 


Side note: I found these familiar snacks in an organic grocery store in California. Boo Chips. Same shape. More toasted look. I didn't buy them, but I'll bet they taste the same too. Only difference is the color and the price ($1.99 at TJ's vs $3.49 at the organic grocer). The only thing I like more than spending money is saving it. 


I couldn't find the bats at first, but then I realized they couldn't all be ghosts. The things I thought were ghosts are actually the bats, and the star-shaped things are the ghosts. I think I've seen them in some Mario Nintendo game. And actually, they didn't turn out to be Baked Lays at all! I was totally thrown off, and yet there was something very familiar about them. They tasted more like the potato-flavored veggie chip or veggie straw, except thinner, more crisp, and airy. 

No crazy, mind-dazzling flavors here, but certainly cute and kid-friendly. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Ghosts & Bats Crispy Potato Snacks. Cute little star-ghost, ghost-bat potato snacks. 7 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea

Dear reader, you may notice in the coming days that there are changes coming to this blog. Not nearly as dramatic, controversial, or dlfjepotigfjad;lkgjadsf (for my readers not as fluent in internet speak, that was a keyboard pound of frustration) as say, the government, but changes nonetheless. Mostly because there is coming a day where I will not live within a stone's throw of a Trader Joe's store. A sad sad day. But probably a good day for my wallet. :P 

Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Mochi Rice Nuggets

THE PACKAGING THO. HOW CAN I RESIST THAT. 

I immediately thought of School of Rock of course. What nuggets have to do with a band, I don't know. Is this another attempt at cultural appropriation? Perhaps not! Leave it to the Japanese to connect random things together usually in an ingenious way. Also, the singer says "Crispy" while the drummer says "Crunchy." THAT IS TOO CUTE. GAHHH I'm sold. 

Trader Joe's Umami and Ginger Paste

I'm a big fan of the condiment section at TJ's, not because everything is ridiculously good but you can really find some hidden gems and get a good bang for your buck. ;D 
I cannot vouch for all of the spices and condiments - like salt, soy sauce, sriracha (no I haven't tried TJ's brand sriracha) I would buy elsewhere. However, because most of the spices have the same $1.99 flat price, you can get decent deals on things like curry powder, turmeric, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, and ground ginger.