Trader Joe's Country Pumpkin Spice Granola Cereal

This post is a long overdue. I bought this cereal maybe a month ago, but it's been sitting because cereal is no longer consumed frequently at my house. The college kid moved out, and ain't nobody got time to sit down and pour a bowl of cereal anymore! Anyway, of the 34 or so pumpkin variety products, this one looked moderately appealing. I really want to call it Country Bumpkin Pumpkin Spice granola cereal. I imagine little kids pounding their fists and chanting, "Country Bumpkin Pumpkin Spice! Country Bumpkin Pumpkin Spice!" 




Side Panel: "Trader Joe's Country Pumpkin Spice Granola is a crunchy, sweet creation made with whole grain oats, honey, pumpkin, raisins, coconut, and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Enjoy it for breakfast in a bowl with cold milk, blended with creamy yogurt for dessert, or as a quick-and-easy snack any time at all." 



I had this with greek yogurt and as prepared per the recipe on the back of the box. Crunchy? Yes. Sweet? Yes. And unlike other pumpkin spice products that have made me gag, this one hasn't overdosed on pumpkin pie spice. And you wouldn't think of pumpkin and coconut together, but it works! I felt like there were too many raisins but they are necessary for textural variety. Overall a solid cereal option. Decent price too for granola at $2.49 per box. But beware, this cereal will disappear once pumpkin spice season is over!

Lazy Girl Breakfast: Tummy Warming Country Pumpkin Spice Granola
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin spice granola
Plus 2T ish pumpkin spice granola

Place milk and granola in microwave safe bowl. Cover w/ cling wrap and pierce 4 or 5 holes to vent. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Let sit for 1.5ish minutes uncovered, and sprinkle with uncooked granola. 

How could you not want to make something with that name? Sounds like something Goldilocks would mooch from those 3 bears if they were TJ fans. I used almond milk, but you can use whatever you like. Below is what happened when I microwaved this baby for 2 minutes. It exploded a bit, so next time I would heat it for maybe 1.5 minutes. Pretty tasty though, and I learned a new way to eat granola. It comes out like oatmeal but less mushy, so I'll have to try the microwave method with other granolas too.



Next time, I'll serve it in a hipster mason jar so it looks less like emesis. :) 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Country [Bumpkin] Spice Granola Cereal. Pumpkin spice that doesn't make me want to barf! 7.5 out of 10. 

Comments