Skip to main content

The Best of Trader Joe's 2016

I get so nostalgic reading through the posts from this year. Oh the feels. The memories of post-nightshift trips, trips with friends, trips for no reason at all. Am I sad to see 2016 go? Not really. Time hasn't passed too quickly or too slowly for me. I have much to look forward to in the new year, but it's nice to take a moment to reflect and recount the blessings of the year. And what better way to recall 2016 than by Trader Joe's products? :D


SAVORIES


#1Somewhat Spicy Dill Flavored Kettle Cooked Potato Chips

In this category, the reader favorite coincides with my hands down favorite. Count me a pickle convert. Salty, super crunchy, and such vinegary pickle-y goodness to boot.



Why this is the #2 reader favorite? I have no idea. I haven't even repurchased it since, but it is a fairly decent pick for meals-in-a-pinch. 



I have nothing but love for this seasoning. I use it to make just about any unpalatable food palatable. Actually I had to cut back because I may or may not have finished an entire jar in a matter of a month. Or two. Or three? I don't remember. :P

Other Mentionables:

SWEETS



My readers must be coffee lovers. That is the only explanation. If y'all love coffee, this dessert is definitely worth trying. Non-dairy and in portion-controlled mochi-encased bites.



#2: Organic Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark

A seasonal, minimally pumpkin spiced granola meets a nice blanket of dark chocolate topped with crunchy pumpkin seeds. Texturally sound with a nice balance between the sweet and savory.


#3: Quadruple Almond Butter Cookies

Crunchy, very almond-y. Cookies that any Asian mother would love.


MY FAV: Mango Mango Mochi

I would be ABSOLUTELY REMISS to neglect these darling mango mochis. I'm looking forward to the summer just so I can have these again.

Other Mentionables:


MY OTHER FAVS


Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah: Wine IN Cheese. Need I say more? 


White House Cookie Kit: Simple, user-friendly, yet surprisingly fun. Patriotic in its own right. Fireworks not included. 


Ugly Sweater Cookie Kit: A true TJ's seasonal, holiday gem. Perfect for kids, for quality time that may or may not involve a screen, for de-stressing, and for sheer fun. A must-pick for next year. I haven't seen these in stores for weeks. 

Other Mentionables:

Thank you friends for sticking around. I hope to bring you more reviews and new posts in the upcoming year. In the meantime, have a safe and happy New Year! See y'all in 2017.  May we continue to find more delicious goodies to share with one another. 

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea

Dear reader, you may notice in the coming days that there are changes coming to this blog. Not nearly as dramatic, controversial, or dlfjepotigfjad;lkgjadsf (for my readers not as fluent in internet speak, that was a keyboard pound of frustration) as say, the government, but changes nonetheless. Mostly because there is coming a day where I will not live within a stone's throw of a Trader Joe's store. A sad sad day. But probably a good day for my wallet. :P 

Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche

"THIS IS LIKE CRACK." No it's not (but it certainly could be), but A says that's how I tend to overhype stuff. The funny thing is that I know I overhype a lot of things, so I actually try not to overhype it. Because I don't want to proclaim, "THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER TASTED" about everything I try. But sometimes I can't help it, and the overhype spills out. Anyway, this is my meager attempt at NOT overhyping this bread (because it is pretty good actually and you should give it a try but I'm trying to restrain myself). 

Trader Joe's Umami and Ginger Paste

I'm a big fan of the condiment section at TJ's, not because everything is ridiculously good but you can really find some hidden gems and get a good bang for your buck. ;D 
I cannot vouch for all of the spices and condiments - like salt, soy sauce, sriracha (no I haven't tried TJ's brand sriracha) I would buy elsewhere. However, because most of the spices have the same $1.99 flat price, you can get decent deals on things like curry powder, turmeric, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, and ground ginger.