Trader Joe's Apple Cider Scent Foaming Hand Soap + Trader Joe's Honeycrisp Apple Scented Candle

Happy first day of fall! To celebrate - a non- pumpkin spice product review! Yay! As a side note, if you're overwhelmed by the selection of pumpkin and non-pumpkin fall goodies at TJ's, check out the my fall grocery guide

One of my favorite aisles at TJ's is the home/personal care/non-edibles aisle. There are some seasonal gems, including my favorite soap and hand towels. It's the simple pleasures in life. :) 

An apple soap? Yes! Foaming too? Yes please! I love all Trader Joe's soaps! Or so I thought.


Here's my annual PSA: get your flu shot and WASH YOUR HANDS. Especially if you have germy kids who come in contact with other germy kids! 

1) I guess is this is why it is better not to speak in absolutes - I thought I loved all Trader Joe's soaps. But not this one. With my favorite soap, I smile to myself and feel really bright and sunny after using it. But this? It's the opposite - I come out the bathroom with a stink face. 

2) This scent is not what I imagined at all. I imagined it would smell a little like the organic cold pressed Fuji apple spiced cider with cinnamon and clove (why didn't they name the soap that?). It's very strong, spicy, mostly cinnamon and clove. The spice reminds me of the cinnamon mint gum that we all avoided as kids because it was "too spicy." And the strength of it reminds me of AXE spray that junior high boys spray all over themselves, maybe not full strength but 70% strength. Not particularly pleasant, to me at least. And it lingers on your hands after the fact. Sigh. 

3) I kind of want to return it, but I need to wash my hands. With soap. And as it turns out, the try before you buy only applies to things that don't need to be cooked and common sense says can be "tried" in store. $2.99 for this bottle. I'm getting used to it after using it for a few days, but I still don't like it. Definitely not repurchasing. 

4) This is more of a personal preference - I don't love the foaming action of this soap. It probably does not foam as nicely as some other foaming soaps on the market, maybe because of the lack of chemicals of the foaming pump is not as good. I like the lather better from my favorite soap. 


5) As a side review - the scented candles are soooooo nice! And the honeycrisp apple scent is divine! I only wish this candle came in a bigger size. It smells fresh, fruity, and clean...like a sweet apple honeycrisp apple. If you love apple scents, this is the candle to stock up on for $3.99 each. I wish they made the hand soap in this scent.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Apple Cider Scent Foaming Hand Soap. Too much spice. 5 out of 10. Mantou Joe Repurchase? Noooope. 

Trader Joe's Honeycrisp Apple Scented Candle. So fresh and sweet and apple-y. 9 out of 10. 


Comments

  1. I agree with all you say about the Apple Cider Scent Foaming Hand Soap. It doesn't foam very well and has a chemical lab spice scent that gives me a headache and stinks up my hands for a long time. I've liked Trader Joe's other foaming hand soaps, so was surprised at how awful this one is.

    But I look forward to getting the Honey Crisp Scented Candle. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how opposite my thoughts on this are. I'm never a fan of foam soaps and love this one. I think it foams nicely. And the smell makes it good enough to want to eat! I love how long it lasts on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's entirely personal preference. One of my friends is like you - LOVED the soap and couldn't get enough of the scent so I passed the soap onto him.

      Delete

    2. I love it too! So upset I can’t get it until next year!😕

      Delete
  3. Did anyone else have the experience of the Trader Joe's Cider soap turning blue as you washed? I washed my hands three times in a row to be sure it was happening, and sure enough-- the foam turned a faint blue. Blue enough to stain my nails a little and get on the cream hand towel. The stain is still there this morning.

    I dumped it out. The scent was too strong, the blue thing was alarming, and I don't need a bunch of stained hand towels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be a defect in your product. I would bring it back to the store and get a replacement and or refund.

      Delete
    2. I L9VE IT. Bought 30 bottles to last the year. Wish it came in one gallon refills to save the landfills. I keep my daughter supplied by giving her one every so often. Love it!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment