Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Herbal Tea Blend

I've reviewed quite a few teas on the blog, but even still I haven't tried every single kind. I like tea. I even appreciate good tea. Although TJ's does carry seasonal loose leaf teas, I've never bothered because I'm not that picky if it tastes good and gets the relaxation or caffeination job done. And as much as I love the idea of brewing a nice cuppa and sitting down to enjoy it, time eludes me. But if y'all have tried the loose leaf teas at TJ's, I love to hear your recommendations. :) 


This is one of those season-bridging teas. Not quite fall. Not quite winter. Not minty. Not caffeinated. Therefore enjoyable anytime during cold weather. Also can't help but notice the change in packaging. No cutesy animals (antelope teafox tealemur teapolar bear tea) but more of a illustrated, doodly, calligraphy look. 



Does anyone else wish that time would slow down a little? That the leaves would stay on the trees just a little longer? That we could sit down and enjoy a nice hot cup of tea without stress or hurrying to the next thing? That the sweet memories and times with our loved ones could last longer? 


Can't say I'm fond of licorice root, so hopefully this tea doesn't have too much of it. 


I'm pleased to report that there isn't much detectable licorice taste. It is best summed up as the tea between the fox tea and the red refresher tea from this summer. Not spicy, sweet, or autumnal enough to be as good as the fox tea but also a little more complicated than sugarless fruit punch. Not bad tasting but not that impressive. The apple flavor is mixed with tart cranberry, which to me makes it lean more fruit punch-esque than an herbal tea that warms me up during chilly evenings. And while I wouldn't repurchase again (fox tea is superior IMO), if you like apple flavored things you might like this. $2.49 per box. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Herbal Tea Blend. Tart, apple-y, but nothing earth shatteringly new. 5 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I liked it fine as hot tea but not my favorite. However! I made a batch as iced tea and added a splash of seltzer water to my glass and that was delicious! Funny how it was so much better cold. I'll buy it again but will drink it cold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try this when the weather warms up a bit

      Delete

Post a Comment