Trader Joe's Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea

It's February. Why am I still reviewing holiday stuff? Shouldn't I be reviewing pink, heart-shaped items? 




The better question to ask is this - if this tea is a holiday item, still priced only at $1.99, why is it still lurking the shelves at the end of January? I picked this up in December, but I did see it a few weeks ago. It wasn't even in the tea section. It was with the other leftover holiday items in that obscure corner of the frozen food aisle where forgotten non-perishables go to...perish. 

If y'all must know, my fox tea supply is running low. AND IT'S ONLY FEBRUARY. I'm down to my last box, and September is still 8 months away!! What's a homegirl going to do until then...search high and low for suitable distractions I suppose. 


The packaging is still cute though. 


But honey this ain't one of my holiday favorites, that's for sure! 


I had super high expectations, especially after reading this blog. I imagined sipping holiday amazingness in a cup! But it turned out to be just plain black tea, with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon. Not bad, just nothing too special. Tasted like any other generic boxed tea. I tried it with milk and sugar. Still not impressed. Cannot put your holiday hopes and dreams into this cup o' tea, folks (not that a cup of tea could EVER fulfill your hopes and dreams! But that's another story).  Perhaps peppermint would be more palatable in this tea than that other one. But there's only so much you can do to make something meh less meh. Unless you have a fairy godmother or the power to resurrect from the dead (this tea really wasn't bad or anything. Just average. I've been watching too much Once Upon A Time). 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea. DRINK THIS TEA AND YOU'LL --oh, I guess that's all. 5 out of 10. 

Comments