Trader Joe's Hatch Chile Cheddar Seasoned Popcorn

Hatch. Chile. Popcorn! OOOOOOO. What is a hatch chile? It's a chile pepper native to the Hatch Valley region of New Mexico. What makes it different from other chiles? Beats me. I don't know the difference between peppers. But spice and cheddar in a snack? I won't say no. 

Packaging is quirky but not weird or unpleasant. Except for that orb that I suppose is the actually the moon but I can't help but think of the coronavirus. :P 

The hatch chile flavor has been used in a very delicious mac and cheese. Spicy cheddar popcorn seems like a no-brainer flavor. 

Whoooo..not an entirely unhealthy snack. Pretty simple ingredients. You go, TJ's. 


1) Some of y'all are going to say this popcorn has no flavor. Ehhhh not entirely untrue but I also don't entirely agree. 

2) I thought the first few bites "had no flavor." But once I consumed enough pieces, I could taste the dusting of the hatch chile. It's not very spicy but definitely has a mild kick. 

3) The cheddar flavor is underwhelming. It's not strong enough. 

4) My guess is that they've kept the salt to a minimum to keep it healthy. I think it could handle a little bit more, and it would certainly help with the flavor. 

5) But it's not a bad flavor at all. It's just okay. But at $1.99 it's pretty affordable sooo I'd still be fine with repurchasing since it's a reasonably healthier snack than all of my beloved chips. Think of it as a Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn with the cheddar turned down like 30% with an added dusting of a chile seasoning. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Hatch Chile Cheddar Seasoned Popcorn. A hatch chile cheddar [under]seasoned popcorn. 7.5 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I love popcorn
    Some of y'all are going to say this popcorn has no flavor. Ehhhh not entirely untrue but I also don't entirely agree.
    harbor freight 20% coupons printable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment