Trader Joe's Honeycrisp Apple Mini Scented Diffuser

It is no secret around here that I am wholeheartedly team apple. Apple picking. Apple cider. Apple cider donuts. Apple pie. Apple scented candles (TJ's makes a great one BTW). So when I saw this new home fragrance - a diffuser at that because maybe it's less hazardous to your health than burning a candle - I decided to bring this home. Is there anything more comforting than walking into a home that smells like sweet apples? 

In my excitement, I glossed over this little detail - it's a MINI diffuser. 60ml. Not a whole lot of product. 


Not gonna lie - the fact that this product is made in South Korea definitely expedited the process of plopping this into my cart. Interestingly, unlike other fragrances, there is no ingredients list. So as to what you might be swallowing or splashing on yourself accidentally is a mystery.

1) Social media definitely does not help with impulsive spending. Which is how TJ's takes our money. Can't blame them - we are happen to fork it over because of all the lovely honeycrisp products they offer in the fall.

2) The diffuser is quite small. This wooden stopper thingy is definitely not an effective way to diffuse the fragrance. I've kept mine in the smallest bathroom of my house and the scent does not diffuse effectively. So now it sits on my kitchen counter, and I smell it when sitting 1-2 feet away. Defeats the purpose of a diffuser, no?

3) Of course, the fragrance is nice. It's what we've come to associate as the "honeycrisp scent" - fresh and sweet. If you have nothing against burning candles, I think burning the honeycrisp apple candle would do a better job at filling your space with this scent.

4) Back to social media, I did see a neat hack on instagram where the user dumped the entire contents of this bottle into one of those electric essential oil diffusers. Seemed to work better but I think it does use up the whole bottle in one go.

5) $4.99 for this little thing. Would I have purchased this had I been able to sample this in store? Absolutely not. But it smells good when you get up close.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Honeycrisp Apple Mini Scented Diffuser. Great scent- sweet, natural, and fresh but with minimal functionality. 6 out of 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? Would pick the candle version over this. 

Comments

  1. I don't know how to use this thing can you help me lol. It's been sitting on my dresser for weeks and I haven't smelled anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you remove the stopper? If you followed the instructions, it's not really going to smell like anything (Design flaw). For me I only smell it when up close. You could try using an electric diffuser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment