Trader Joe's Smoky Honey Seasoned Kettle Chips

We are well into the season I like to call the annual "Your Best Life Now" reset. Y'know. New year, new you. Something along those lines. I'm not a big believer in resolutions. Goals though with specific, time-sensitive intervention with measurable outcomes? I'll listen. 


Fortunately for those of you set on pursuing your best life now, this product is no longer available to tempt you to disrupt those health and fitness goals. It was one of those random holiday seasonal items that has nothing to do with peppermint or chocolate or whatever. Smoky honey though? I'm thinking ham.


My best life now or not...who am I to turn down a new salty and crunchy Trader Joe's snack? 


The kettle cooked texture here is spot on as expected. I know that I've previously said that the lattice cut is the best cut for a potato chip, but I've been leaning toward the kettle variety as of late. Maybe because it tastes double fried, has an excellent crunch, and provides better seasoning distribution. 

Flavor wise - it tastes like ham. A says it's because we're conditioned to associate smoke flavor with ham. Sure maybe. I'll even wager to say it tastes like a honey glazed ham, maybe. There's definitely some smoke but for me it's a little too salty and sweet. Then again, I like ham in omelets and other things but not as a main dish. So perhaps if you like ham, you might like this. I kind of prefer the Thanskgiving stuffing chips over this since this is a bit more pungent. 

So is this a "Your best life now" kind of product? Unless you have some crazy love affair with ham, I don't think so. Carry on with your kale salads, y'all.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Smoky Honey Seasoned Kettle Chips. Crunchy but a little too hammed for me. 5.5 out of 10. 

Comments