Trader Joe's Greek Whole Milk Yogurt Citrus Medley


I caved and bought some Lactaid pills last week. Because what is life without cheese? And I had a sudden craving for greek yogurt, you know the creamy and smelly kind that you open and everyone in the room knows you're eating yogurt. And of course, I've made it my business to try all most of the varieties of Trader Joe's greek yogurt.


This flavor is relatively new. Whole milk yogurt is making a comeback y'all. As many have suspected, perhaps whole milk and fat aren't so bad.


Not sure what to make of a "citrus medley," but A plus packaging. Cute, colorful citrus and it's pink. Count me in.


Yeahhhhh 18 grams of sugar. Sounds like a lot but pretty typical for flavored yogurts. So it turns out this citrus medley is just a mixture of citrus juice concentrates. Considering that I've been eating low-ish sugar yogurts of late (15grams or less of sugar since I don't like super sweet yogurts), I find this kind of sweet. Also, It's not that it tastes fake; it's just that the lemon and lime notes give this a "Sprite-like" taste. The grapefruit and blood orange aren't too distinct, but I think they add to the tang. Once I got used to the flavor profile, I kind of liked it. Granted, this probably isn't a universally appealing flavor, especially since it does kind of make your mouth pucker a little. I happen to like citrus and a good sour tang but some might find it to be a bit much.

That said, although it's not too sweet, I'm disinclined to repurchase because it is a bit sweet for my personal taste. $0.99 per cup, which is typical for single-serve yogurts. I'd rather throw some blood oranges, which are currently available at TJ's, into plain yogurt for a more genuine citrus taste. Definitely in favor of the matcha flavor over this, but if you like citrus, this is worth a try.

But if I had to be ruthless about this rating - worth the lactose? Ehhhhh no.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Greek Whole Milk Yogurt Citrus Medley. Kinda tastes like Sprite with a little extra tang. 5.5 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I tried this today and thought it was fantastic. Even better than the avocado/citrus flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. This citrus flavor is definitely better.

      Delete

Post a Comment