Trader Joe's Winter Wake Up Tea

It's pretty safe to say that it's officially winter, even if the calendar denies it. We just had our first snowfall, and the sun sets at like 3pm these days. Maybe 4 if it's generous. And it's around this time of year that I am tempted to wrap myself in a nice blanket, sit on my couch with a pipping hot cup of tea, and never leave. Probably bad to never leave your house. But the other two I can wholeheartedly endorse! Especially if that cuppa is this winter delight. 


I like this packaging so much that I kind of wish it were a sweater that I could wear. Packaging aside, I'm usually a bit wary about holiday teas. They're usually something I could tolerate just for the sake of "holiday spirit" but not something I reach for during the rest of the year. 



Can I just drink tea and hibernate? Waking up is hard y'all. :P 


Like I said, I get wary whenever I see licorice in a tea. One bad experience and it sticks with you for life. Also, the first time I went to the store and saw this, I think it was mislabeled as $3.99, which I found astounding. I mean..it's not even organic or fair-trade or whatever, so I thought that price was wayyyyy too high for a TJ's run-of-the-mill tea. Rest assured y'all, it's $2.49, which is a typical price for TJ's boxed teas. 


I really didn't have much expectation or wishes for this product, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. My gut instinct - this is the winter version of the fox tea. Everything I liked about the fall harvest blend is also here, except I think this winter wake up is even better. It's caffeinated for one. The blend of spices is just right and perfectly balanced. It has the just enough cinnamon and gingery but not too much that it's overpowering or tastes like a ginger tea you drink when you're sick. Plus, that clove adds an extra warm note that adds to the overall coziness of this tea. And yet, I think this would be even better with some milk/half-and-half and a bit of sugar. Heck, why not make this into a milk tea with boba? 

(A is a bit of a traditionalist. Not much of a tea drinker but a huge milk tea drinker. I'm sure he'd enjoy this as a milk tea but then request his usual, classic OG milk tea with nothing else.) 

For optimal coziness, I recommend this tea. A warm blanket. Or a fire. Some nice Christmas music, maybe this. Maybe some family and friends if you like people. Happy cozying y'all. :)

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Winter Wake Up Tea. Black tea, perfectly spiced, waiting to be enjoyed as is or milk-and-sugared. Commence the cozy. 9 out of 10. 

Comments