Trader Joe's Chocolate Peppermint Almond Beverage

It is still the most wonderful time of the year. The air is palpably distinct from the rest of the year.  But do you feel it slipping away ever so slightly? Next year is around the corner, and again we wonder how time flies. Do lights, sweets, and family gatherings make things that much different? Maybe. Maybe not. May we never lose the sense of wonder, of community, of calm, and of peaceful yet joyful expectancy


Have you OD'ed yet on all things chocolate? And candy canes? And other generic holiday sweets? 

I'm not a huge fan of peppermint to be honest. It's usually hit or miss for me. And I only like it sporadically, usually during the winter. But there was something rather appealing about this drink to me. Maybe the packaging again. I do like that calligraphy font. I don't condone choosing food based on the font though. It's the same rationale as picking a car based on the leather interior. Ya missed the point.


ALL THE BUZZWORDS. Except organic. This is not organic. Minus points. 


I'm expecting it to be a sugary drink - BUT GUESS WHAT it still has less sugar than your average soda. And yes, to some, almond milk is basically water, so it might lack a certain creaminess regular milk would impart. 


Well well well. This cup o' joy surpassed my expectations. It smells pepperminty and a wee bit chocolate-y. It has a surprising amount of body and creaminess. I had it chilled first and then heated it up in the microwave, and it was just right. It's sweet but not sickeningly so. It has the perfect balance of chocolate and mint, not too much of either. You do taste the almond milk base, but I find that it goes nicely with the chocolate and mint. This is sort of what I had hoped might be possible with the chocolate bear teaA did not care for this drink, as expected. He's not a fan of mint or almond milk. Or any milk for that matter. So his opinion doesn't count toward the rating here. I'm sure some people wished the electoral college worked like that. Harharhar. 

$1.79 for one quart. Not too expensive. If you love chocolate and mint, this one's your friend, friend! 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Chocolate Peppermint Almond Beverage. Thin mint in beverage form! 8 out of 10. 


Comments