Trader Joe's 100% Pineapple Juice

The leaves are falling. Fall is definitely in the air, but we take a break from the PSL hype for some pineapple juice. Today's post was requested by our resident Tony Stark (no, not that Tony Stark).



Actually, this product called out my name a few weeks ago in California, where it was located near the register. Compare that to the neglected obscure corner of my local TJs where I got mine. That packaging is cute though. I've always wanted to put a pineapple through a meat grinder and see what comes out the other side, though that picture is looking a little like spaghetti squash.


Produced in a country where I'd expect pineapples to grow. That's a good sign.

And guess what folks, it tastes like...pineapple juice. Surprise surprise. Arguably, sometimes in life, it is good to get exactly what you expect, lest you wake up one morning with a mess on your hands, wondering where it all went wrong. So I say bring on the predictability! Thank you TJ's for delivering pineapple juice when we ask for pineapple juice. Not cranapple juice. Not tropical fusion juice, whatever that is. No lost emails or decade old Access Hollywood film bits. Pineapple juice. Just pineapple juice. Nice pineapple juice though. I drank this when I got sick of OJ. It helped with the fluids and vitamin C load for warding off a cold.  

This pack of 4 8-oz cans runs $2.99. Not terrible - BUT YOU SAVE MONEY if you buy the half gallon carton located near the other juices for $3.99. Do I need to repeat myself? The only thing I like better than spending money is saving it! So unless you lack the refrigerator space or need the portability, I'd skip this and go for the carton. It tastes pretty much the same anyway. SAVE THE MONEY. Every penny counts, especially considering that $0.23 gas hike coming. Just sayin.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's 100% Pineapple Juice. A 4-pack of no frills, bipartisan pineapple juice. An ambivalent 6 out of 10.



.

Comments