Skip to main content

Trader Joe's Creamy No Stir Peanut Butter Spread


This peanut butter and its crunchy variety cousin have been out for a while. Creamy no stir peanut butter? What's so fancy about that? That's what I had at home for the first 20 years of my life. It wasn't until I discovered Trader Joe's that I learned that sometimes, you have to stir your peanut butter. Go figure. 




90% peanuts. Which means the other 10% is sugar and oil. Some people won't go for that. 




But the palm oil used here is SUSTAINABLE, which means this peanut butter isn't killing some Amazonian rainforest. Leo would approve, maybe.


Out of all the TJs peanut butters I've tried, this one comes closest to the standard commercial varieties available at other stores. The texture is softer and more easily spreadable. It doesn't say on the label, but it is salted, which actually adds a nice finish. It doesn't taste as sweet as some other one's I've had, but this is certainly the kind I would can eat out of the jar (don't tell me you've never eaten peanut butter out of a jar. That's a quintessential childhood rite).  I didn't bother buying the crunchy version because A prefers creamy, but I'm sure it has a similar classic peanut butter taste. Affordability is good too at $1.99 per jar. Repurchasing for all my peanut butter needs. But if you have other health needs, I recommend this one. ;)

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Creamy No Stir Peanut Butter Spread. Regular, non-hydrogenated, non-rainforest-killing, peanut butter. 7 out of 10. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea

Dear reader, you may notice in the coming days that there are changes coming to this blog. Not nearly as dramatic, controversial, or dlfjepotigfjad;lkgjadsf (for my readers not as fluent in internet speak, that was a keyboard pound of frustration) as say, the government, but changes nonetheless. Mostly because there is coming a day where I will not live within a stone's throw of a Trader Joe's store. A sad sad day. But probably a good day for my wallet. :P 

Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Mochi Rice Nuggets

THE PACKAGING THO. HOW CAN I RESIST THAT. 

I immediately thought of School of Rock of course. What nuggets have to do with a band, I don't know. Is this another attempt at cultural appropriation? Perhaps not! Leave it to the Japanese to connect random things together usually in an ingenious way. Also, the singer says "Crispy" while the drummer says "Crunchy." THAT IS TOO CUTE. GAHHH I'm sold. 

Trader Joe's Umami and Ginger Paste

I'm a big fan of the condiment section at TJ's, not because everything is ridiculously good but you can really find some hidden gems and get a good bang for your buck. ;D 
I cannot vouch for all of the spices and condiments - like salt, soy sauce, sriracha (no I haven't tried TJ's brand sriracha) I would buy elsewhere. However, because most of the spices have the same $1.99 flat price, you can get decent deals on things like curry powder, turmeric, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, and ground ginger.