Skip to main content

Trader Joe's Creamy No Stir Peanut Butter Spread

This peanut butter and its crunchy variety cousin have been out for a while. Creamy no stir peanut butter? What's so fancy about that? That's what I had at home for the first 20 years of my life. It wasn't until I discovered Trader Joe's that I learned that sometimes, you have to stir your peanut butter. Go figure. 

90% peanuts. Which means the other 10% is sugar and oil. Some people won't go for that. 

But the palm oil used here is SUSTAINABLE, which means this peanut butter isn't killing some Amazonian rainforest. Leo would approve, maybe.

Out of all the TJs peanut butters I've tried, this one comes closest to the standard commercial varieties available at other stores. The texture is softer and more easily spreadable. It doesn't say on the label, but it is salted, which actually adds a nice finish. It doesn't taste as sweet as some other one's I've had, but this is certainly the kind I would can eat out of the jar (don't tell me you've never eaten peanut butter out of a jar. That's a quintessential childhood rite).  I didn't bother buying the crunchy version because A prefers creamy, but I'm sure it has a similar classic peanut butter taste. Affordability is good too at $1.99 per jar. Repurchasing for all my peanut butter needs. But if you have other health needs, I recommend this one. ;)

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Creamy No Stir Peanut Butter Spread. Regular, non-hydrogenated, non-rainforest-killing, peanut butter. 7 out of 10. 


Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Green Goddess Salad Dressing

I love watching the Olympics. But more than that, I LOVE watching Olympic figure skating, probably because it's one of those things I wish I could do but probably would never be able to do in a million years. This is the first year where I've been rather invested in all of the events, not just the ladies' competition (which is probably the least interesting competition IMO this year. Barring something catastrophic, it's going to be Russia #1 and #2 and everyone else fighting for a piece of the bronze). What I find fascinating is how these athletes deliver (or not!) given all the media hype leading up to the Games. Case in point - Nathan Chen. What a bittersweet journey of so so so much King Quad hype, two just awful performances, and a 6 quad redemption (yeah I know technically only landed five of them nicely..but you have to give him credit for going for it). Of course, you can't blame his performance ENTIRELY on media hype, but it definitely played a big part.

Trader Joe's Kimchi

This is one of those foods that elicits one of two distinct responses from most people. "YAAAAAAAS. LIFE." Or if you can't stand the fermentedness, the sourness, or the spice - it's a *stink face.* I'm trying not support the deterioration of English language to mere emojis, but c'mon. Stink face is pretty darn appropriate for some. And while yes I like to categorize people and things, I acknowledge that you could be indifferent. Or uninitiated. Either way, you can't deny its presence. This is the lifestuff stuff of an entire people. 

Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche

"THIS IS LIKE CRACK." No it's not (but it certainly could be), but A says that's how I tend to overhype stuff. The funny thing is that I know I overhype a lot of things, so I actually try not to overhype it. Because I don't want to proclaim, "THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER TASTED" about everything I try. But sometimes I can't help it, and the overhype spills out. Anyway, this is my meager attempt at NOT overhyping this bread (because it is pretty good actually and you should give it a try but I'm trying to restrain myself).