Trader Joe's Creamy No Stir Peanut Butter Spread


This peanut butter and its crunchy variety cousin have been out for a while. Creamy no stir peanut butter? What's so fancy about that? That's what I had at home for the first 20 years of my life. It wasn't until I discovered Trader Joe's that I learned that sometimes, you have to stir your peanut butter. Go figure. 




90% peanuts. Which means the other 10% is sugar and oil. Some people won't go for that. 




But the palm oil used here is SUSTAINABLE, which means this peanut butter isn't killing some Amazonian rainforest. Leo would approve, maybe.


Out of all the TJs peanut butters I've tried, this one comes closest to the standard commercial varieties available at other stores. The texture is softer and more easily spreadable. It doesn't say on the label, but it is salted, which actually adds a nice finish. It doesn't taste as sweet as some other one's I've had, but this is certainly the kind I would can eat out of the jar (don't tell me you've never eaten peanut butter out of a jar. That's a quintessential childhood rite).  I didn't bother buying the crunchy version because A prefers creamy, but I'm sure it has a similar classic peanut butter taste. Affordability is good too at $1.99 per jar. Repurchasing for all my peanut butter needs. But if you have other health needs, I recommend this one. ;)

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Creamy No Stir Peanut Butter Spread. Regular, non-hydrogenated, non-rainforest-killing, peanut butter. 7 out of 10. 



Comments