Trader Joe's Iced Mini Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

Do you ever find yourself facing something you know is definitely not going to go down well but you do it anyway? Like that time I stood in line at Charbucks, contemplating the dark roast Christmas blend when those words DARK ROAST automatically triggered a red flag. I knew it was going to taste burnt, but I thought to myself, why not try something new. Did not taste like Christmas at all. More like a lump of coal. Such was the case here, except it wasn't nearly as bad as a lump of coal. 




Cranberry pistachio. Good in theory I suppose. 


This biscotti is definitely sweeter than the other biscotti varieties. I liked the tartness from the cranberry, but there was WAY TOO MUCH citrus flavor. This isn't an orange grove. This is supposed to taste like Christmas! Just cranberry? Yes. Cranberry and orange? Maybe. Cranberry and ORANGEEEEEE? NO.  The icing puts the sweetness over-the-top for me. I found it gratuitous, but I suppose it does make the biscotti look more Christmas-y. That was probably the same reasoning for the pistachios too because they certainly don't add much to the overall taste. I expected the pistachios to add a saltiness that would offset the sweetness, but the pistachios were pretty much lost in the already hard-to-crunch cookie. Couldn't really taste them at all. 


Definitely my least favorite biscotti out of all the TJ's biscottis I've tried.


TL;DR: Trader Joe's Iced Mini Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti. They tried to make this one look like a Christmas tree, I think. Super orange-y. 4.5 out of 10. 

Comments