Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Mango Chips


Another new-ish product. I picked this up at the height of my mango frenzy, which has since cooled. Some people go through phases with their hair, their music, or whatever. As for me, I go through phases of food. Kale. Speculoos. Almond everything.




"The process used to create these very crispy and crunchy Mango wedges maintains all of the flavor and provides an irresistible snack that makes you want to keep munching. They also make great croutons for a salad, when broken up and sprinkled on top at the last minute."



Product of Thailand. Expectations tempered already. And look at that, don't you hate when you open a bag of chips only to discover that it's mostly air? It prevents the product from getting crushed or whatever but still - it hurts. 



They reminded me a little of those fried wonton strips from Chinese restaurants, except those wonton strips are usually stale. I happened to like the texture of these chips though. Slightly oily from the palm oil. Light but still crispy and crunchy with decent mango flavor. The texture is closer to the veggie root chips as opposed to a thicker bagel or pita chip. I finished it in one sitting, but there really wasn't much of it to eat in the first place. Only the price point would deter me from buying it again, methinks $2.69 is kind of steep for ONE SERVING that doesn't even fill you. Look at me, I'm starting to think with my stomach like A. But if you're into fruit-based-chip-replacements, this is worth a try I suppose. 


TL;DR: Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Mango Chips. Crunchy-fried mango strips healthified. Sort of. 5.5 out of 10. 

Comments