Trader Joe's Organic Jalapeno Seasoned Corn & Rice Puffs

I loooooooove me a new snack, organic or not. Because frankly, if I'm eating a snack, the organic doesn't really matter. Organic junk food is still junk food. Does paying more for your junk food because it's organic make it less bad? Depends on who you ask. Does memorializing a deceased woman on murals and artsy Vogue covers and paying her family 12 million dollars make what happened to her "okay?" Heh. Don't get it twisted. Organic junk food is still junk food. 

In my usual fashion, I missed the memo that this snack is vegan, which I take to mean that it doesn't have cheese flavor. Oh well, the packaging looks snazzy as always. Crunchy, spicy, and puffy - these are all adjectives that speak to me. 


Oh and I love it when my snacks are seasoned. What is life without seasoning. And if an organic label makes you feel about your snacks amidst the dreary state of the world, why not? 

Actually the ingredients don't look that bad. 


 1) These corn and rice puffs are incredibly addicting. I think they're better than the white cheddar corn puffs and sour cream and onion corn puffs. The corn grits still gives it that familiar corn puffy tastes. It's definitely crunchy but pillow-y, which makes a very satisfying snacking experience. 

2) It's seasoned well - it's salty, spicy (peppery and jalopeno-y), and garlicky enough where it has a nice kick. It has note of sour that shines through but isn't too pungent - there's also a virtually undetectable sweetness that counteracts the sour. All in all, it leaves a pleasant savory burn in the mouth, which is not at all repulsive but leaves you wanting more. 

3) I sort of wish this came in some kind of cereal-esque form so I could eat it for breakfast.

4) The puffs are quite substantial - I do experience a bit of mouth fatigue from chewing after eating a bunch of these. Perhaps not the best snack for small mouths lol.

5) $1.99 for a 4.9 oz bag.

6) This is probably my favorite new TJ's snack of 2020 to date. A likes these too and had nothing against this being vegan (the corn presence helps). So it's not a consolatory "it's pretty good for being vegan" - it's just tasty and hopefully here to stick around. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Organic Jalapeno Seasoned Corn & Rice Puffs. Spicy, savory crunchy pillowy puffs. 9 out 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? Try and stop me from repurchasing. 

Comments

  1. I literally returned these the next day. Packing peanuts with a little jalapeno flavor. Bottom 5 TJ's product of all-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them i glad you wrote this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment