Trader Joe's Cheese Biscuit Duo

I have a love-hate relationship with holiday shopping. There is something fun about shopping Trader Joe's during holiday season, especially when everything is fully stocked. I think I have more fun shopping at TJ's as an adult than I ever did as a kid in a toy store. Or maybe it's the same feeling and my age-bias is reinterpreting my childhood experience. But there is a potentially dark side for holiday shopping too. It can be a bit overwhelming, and as much as I enjoy shopping as everyone else, there is something nauseating about excessive consumerism. Whether you like the excess or you like simplicity and moderation like me, I hope y'all stay sane and enjoy the holiday season. And while I allot a space to try things outside of what I normally like, I tend to stick to my preferences for maximum joy sparking. :P 



We don't really have savory biscuits in the states. We are more of a cracker people. Like a cheese-flavored cracker or a cheese on top of a cracker. We also prefer cookies over biscuits, but who am I to decline a savory biscuit. 

Two are better than one - why choose when you can have both? 

This picture is true to size, which means the biscuits are dainty but potentially flavor-packed.

 Looks like it's really cheesy with real cheese. Also definitely not vegetarian. 

1) Both biscuits are decent and feel a bit fancier than a cheese-flavored cracker.

2) However, I like the round gouda biscuit better. It's saltier, a bit stronger in flavor, and has a better crisp texture. Probably because it has more fat. Fat = flavor.

3) The cheddar ones don't have the same texture. They are less airy and slightly more dense. But still the cheddar flavor is quite good. Think of it like a grown-up, more fancy European Cheez-it.

4) $3.99 for a 5.64 oz box is more than what I'd like to pay for a box of crackers. But these are not crackers. They are fancy savory biscuits from the Netherlands. Does that make them worth it? Maybe.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Cheese Biscuit Duo. Good things come in small packages. These little biscuits pack a savory cheese punch. 7.5 out of 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? Maybe for a special occasion. 

Comments

Post a Comment