Trader Joe's Maple & Sea Salt Kettle Corn

Half the excitement of shopping at Trader Joe's is the novelty of finding new or interesting things, I don't think most people do at other grocery stores, unless you're me and you go down every aisle at the store to look for new or interesting things in any store. Novelty is kind of hard to maintain. I know we're in an age where people always want what is new and exciting, but I'm alright with putting slightly different twists on classic standbys. 

 


Have you ever seen a product and thought, "Oh I could have thought of that." Of course you could have - anyone could have - it's just a matter of getting hold of the supplier, distributor, and retailer to support it. I'm not a huge kettle corn fan, mostly because I'm not to into the sweet-savory combo, but I do appreciate it every now and then. 

Whole Foods sells a seasonal pumpkin spice kettle corn, which I have never been inclined to purchase. I find maple slightly more appealing, mostly because I think less is more and pumpkin spice products sometimes go too heavy on the pumpkin pie spice.

 Not a health food, clearly, but not the worst thing ever.

1) This is probably the least stale/most fresh-tasting, bagged popcorn I've ever tasted. The effort is noted - extra points for TJ's.

2) Kettle corn isn't my favorite, but I liked it. Maple is a nice flavor - it isn't ridiculously sweet and has more robustness than regular sugar. The sea salt is a nice touch. Overall it's a very a balanced sweet and savory flavor.

3) Natural flavor means artificially flavored lol but TJ's doesn't use artificial flavoring. *wink*

4) $2.49 for a 7 oz bag. I only wish this came in a bigger bag, but it's a nice product and a lot of people will like it. Perfect for fall movie nights, a fuzzy blanket, and perhaps a bonfire and hot cider. Yaaaasss.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Maple & Sea Salt Kettle Corn. I know maple isn't technically an autumnal product, but it gives a nice fall-vibe while delivering salty sweet snackage. 8 out of 10. Mantou repurchase? Sure. 

Comments