Trader Joe's Champagne Style Vinaigrette

I go through salad phases. And ramen phases, nacho phases, sub phases, pizza, etc. And eventually, I circle back to the salad. It's the circle of life y'all. By the way, salads can taste pretty good and include things other than lettuce. In the past, I've harped on how easy it is to make your own dressing, which I try to do, but sometimes it's more convenient for work to just pack a pre-made dressing. And while I have my TJ favorites (including this one, this one, and this one), I picked this one up wanting to spend less. Cuz y'all know how TJ's is like..you go in for one or two things and come out with a whole bag. :P 


I don't think this is a new product, but it's my first time trying it. I gravitate toward vinaigrette dressings because they're lighter and tend to hit my palate nicely. Anything with a combination of tang, sweetness, and savoriness works. 

What is "champagne style vinegar?" Sounds like the knockoff of a fancy vinegar (but Masterclass says that it's not fancy. But c'mon. Made from chardonnay and pinot noir grapes? Sureeeee). Apparently, real champagne vinegar is mild and floral tasting, which makes it's a great base for a dijon. Sooooo sounds like a French-ish vinaigrette.

1) Sorry no pictures of the salads I've consumed with this dressing - they've all been haphazardly thrown into a lunchbox.

2) I quite like this dressing. It works with a lot of different kinds of ingredients and has a nice balance of said tang, slight spiciness from the mustard, and is seasoned well. The consistency is also just right. My pet peeve with many store-bought vinaigrettes, particularly the cheap ones (think storebrand, Kraft, and Wishbone dressings for example), is that there's this artificial sweetness, perhaps from fructose or something. This does not have that, and it's nice.

3) $1.99 for one bottle. Still budget friendly and convenient.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Champagne Style Vinaigrette. French style, vinegary with a bit of mustard. Works for me. 7.5 out of 10. 

Comments