Trader Joe's Nourish Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum

I like to think that I'm a low maintenance person. But over the years, I've become high-low maintenance (still low maintenance with a bit more work :P). Since I'm Asian, I get comments all the time at work asking how old I actually am. Not complaining, it's just a fact of life. Except that because of nightshift, I now look 20 instead of 12. All kidding aside, I've been trying to take care of my skin cuz the nighttime ain't kind. Except I can't bring myself to spend $$$ or $$$$ on skincare. I'm no skincare guru but I have tried a few things here and there and have a general idea of what my skin likes. I have normal to dry skin (mostly normal but super dry in the winter), so I usually like to use some kind of moisturizing serum between toner and moisturizer (5-step skincare y'all cuz I am simply too lazy for 10-steps). Oh hey Trader Joe's to the rescue! 

This product was recommended by a neighbor. As per the internet, hyaluronic acid is found in our skin and apparently holds something like a thousand times its weight in water, which means it keeps moisture from evaporating from the skin and keeps the skin looking hydrated and plump. Which means it's supposed to be great for people who need the extra moisture.

Now since I am not a skincare guru and have not had the time or interest to read up on the exact chemistry of these kinds of products, I have no way of knowing whether or not this product is formulated "properly" where the hyaluronic acid molecules are the correct size and whatever else matters for it to work effectively. I kinda didn't go into derm? I kinda don't study cosmetic chemistry/science? I also don't actually know that much about skincare? So....just trust that TJ's has the customer's best interest in mind.......?  

After using up an entire bottle and repurchasing, here are my thoughts:
1) It doesn't not work. Meaning I think it does do something because in the winter, I do feel the difference on my skin if I do my skincare without this serum. So it probably is locking in some kind of moisture. 

2) It's not the best serum I've ever used especially for the dry winter months. I've used better but more expensive ones that make my skin feel hydrated after only just the serum, whereas after using this serum I still feel the need to slap on moisturizer ASAP to prevent my skin from crying from the dryness. But for the summer, it's fine for my skin. 

3) The texture is pleasant. It's not sticky. It's lightweight and absorbs pretty quickly. 

4) It's very afforadable at $8.99 + tax for 30ml (TSA approved, yes?). I have yet to find a comparable product at the same price point.

5) So basically, it gets the job done without breaking the bank. Is it the best serum ever? Ehhh..noooo but it's fine if you're on a budget. 

6) Skincare is entirely subjective so this may or may not work for you, but my guess is it should work in some way for most people. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Nourish Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum. A decent, budget-friendly moisturizing serum from the most underrated aisle at Trader Joe's. 8 out of 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? Already have y'all. 

Comments