Trader Joe's Egg Shaped Soaps (Lavender & Honey, Blueberry Scented)

The following item is a springtime gem, whether or not you celebrate Easter or whether or not you do Easter baskets. I had no idea Easter baskets were a thing, but apparently for a lot of people they are. So of course, I don't know what goes in an Easter basket but for me personally, I'm not really into plastic eggs filled with cheap candy, peeps, or cheap stuffed animals that will be Marie Kondo-ed eventually because they don't really spark joy during the rest of the year. But my..if I were to get an Easter basket, skip the basket entirely. I want a dozen of these. Forreals. 



I walk up and down every aisle at TJ's every time I go. It's a good way to get in my steps for the day and inspect what products are there, what products are not there (like what has sold like hotcakes and what has been discontinued???), and what products are still there (if you still see winter holiday items in April it's not a good sign). And if you do this often enough, you can spot new things easily. This egg soap didn't even have proper signage yet. 

And while the packaging was pretty cute, I was pretty much sold instantly on the fragrance. Cuz when TJ's comes out with a nice smelling soap, you don't ask questions. Hand over the cash and your nice smelling bathroom will validate your impulsiveness later. :P

 Not tested on animals and...made in South Korea?? I love K-beauty stuffs! Take my money!


1) Here's the bottom line - these soaps smell like Lush. Like the fragrance that hits you the moment you cross the threshold of that handmade cosmetics store. It's smellable through the packaging - and when something smells that good through the plastic, you recognize that these babies aren't playing and won't wait for you to sit around and ponder whether or not you should come back next week to get them. In the words of another TJ's customer (in an actual conversation that took place in the frozen food aisle)- "when you find a good man, you snatch him up and you keep him!" 

2) I can't comment much on the specificity of these smells because a whiff of these soaps kinda shuts down that critical thinking part of my brain. It just smells really really really nice. The purple one (the lavender & honey) is the money winner and most responsible for the Lush-like fragrance. It's not just lavender - TJ's has plenty of lavender-scented home items (dish soap, dryer satchets, etc). This smells floral and sweet, like a luxurious springtime spa. The blueberry one doesn't smell like actual blueberries but again something blueberry-esque you would find in Lush. If it were up to me, I'd just want entire palettes of the purple one but the blueberry one smells good enough that I don't mind that it's along for the ride. 

3) The actual soaps aren't particularly moisturizing or luxurious to use for handwashing, but I kind of expected that. I have yet to encounter a bar soap that smells nice, lathers well, and moisturizes. But the fragrance is so nice that I don't even care that it doesn't work as nicely as my usual soaps.

4) I've been using the cardboard carton as a makeshift soap dish, and it is definitely not the most practical (the soaps don't come out of the carton easily) but it looks cute. 

5) A texted me at work to comment on how nice these soaps make the bathroom smell. Not that you need a man to validate how nice something smells (omai don't take this comment that seriously; it's meant to be facetious :P), but when my husband (who tends not to care or comment on things that are meant to make you or your space smell nice) notices then I know oh yes, this is something special. 

6) Limited edition. $2.69 for two cute little eggs. I bought two. Oh yes it sparks joy. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Egg Shaped Soaps. Currently making my bathroom smell like Lush. If only all eggs smelled this good. 9 out of 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? As long as it's available - stock up! 


Comments