Trader Joe's Rose Water Facial Toner

Well Valentine's Day is over. But I hope the seasonal, pink-packaged products stick around for a few more weeks. Don't you find it annoying when stores roll out Easter items in February?? Anyhoo, this isn't a specialty Valentine's item, but it's right next to the rose hand cream (favorite, am restocking) and rose facial oil (haven't tried, probably won't, not interested) and typically available year round. Does it work? Is it worth it? Read on. 

Ya girl ain't a beauty guru. But everyone who is and has tried this raves about how wonderful of a dupe it is for another very popular, affordable facial toner -the Mario Badesco facial spray. What is toner? Why is it necessary? Apparently it's supposed to remove excess dirt/residue left behind from your cleanser and restore the pH of the skin so your next-step moisturizer can be absorbed.


 Water, rose water, rose oil, witch hazel..blah blah blah. This product runs $3.99 or $4.99, which is a about $2-3 cheaper than the Mario Badescu one.

I have used the Mario Badescu spray before, which is supposed to be hydrating and refreshing and blah blah blah. For me, even in the summer when dryness isn't an issue, I didn't think the Mario Badescu one did that much for me. It's like spraying Evian on your face. It feels nice when it goes on, then it dries and does nothing. So for me, is this a dupe? Yeah...because it does equally nothing for me. My skin runs normal to dry, especially in the winter, so the "hydration" is inadequate. It doesn't have a strong rose scent; actually the alcohol scent is a bit stronger to me. It's not astringent.

Skincare is super subjective though. If you like the Mario Badesco one, you might like this. This one is a little cheaper and has the same attractive pink color. As for me, no repurchase thanks.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Rose Water Facial Toner. Mario Badesco dupe? Sure. Why not. 6 out of 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? Doesn't work for me so nah. 

Comments

  1. Thank for sharing it over here,
    Try Herbal Rose Toner Effective on dry and sensitive skin types, rose also helps treat redness and inflammation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment