Trader Joe's Warm Vanilla Body Butter

Nostalgia sells. Isn't that what a lot of us chase especially during the holidays? It's creating coziness, seeking out new memories, and revisiting warm and familiar sights, sounds, tastes, feelings, and smells. Why else do we spend money on Anthropologie candles?? (Because they smell good. Yes they do. Can't deny that. It's burning up the oxygen in my house, but I don't care. But also I no longer own Anthro candles because TJ's makes some really nice ones that cost a fraction of the price. :P) 


Me: "Do you know what a body butter is?" 
A: "Nope." 

But he guessed that it was lotion. So not completely helpless. I missed out on this product last winter and picked it up when the temps dropped and my skin started turning a bit scale-y. Y'all know what I'm talking about. 
Contains coconut oil and shea butter - aka natural ingredients that aren't that chemicalized and blah blah blah. I'm not beauty guru or chemist. But if cruelty-free and nice ingredients are important to you, TJ's body butters are hard to beat. All this for $5!

Value aside - do you see this texture? (I was trying to get my buttercream frosting to this consistency recently and couldn't because my house was too cold :P) Does it look like buttaaa? Plus, it smells EXACTLY like the warm vanilla sugar hand soap/lotion from Bath & Body Works (also the first thing I ever purchased from there back in junior high. When you don't have enough money to buy anything with your friends at the mall....but you can buy a lotion or hand soap when it goes on sale. HAHA). It smells good enough to eat honestly, but please don't.

Besides smelling good and feeling good, it actually works quite well. It absorbs quickly and moisturizes without being too greasy. This has been my experience with every other TJ's body butter that I've tried, except for the coconut one. Am I more inclined to rate this product higher because of its limited availability? Or because of my seasonal need for a nostalgia and a moisturizing lotion? Probably both. I'd repurchase in a heartbeat. Great gift too for teachers, nurses, drivers, anyone really who needs to lotion their dry hands.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Warm Vanilla Body Butter. A spot on dupe for BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar. Better ingredients. Better body butter. Only Trader Joe's. 9 out of 10. Mantou Joe Repurchase? With my two hands in the air waving like I don't care YES.


Comments