Trader Joe's Cheddar Rocket Crackers

I have a confession to make. In the two weeks since a Whole Foods (affectionately known on this blog as Whole Paycheck) opened near my house, I've been there three times. How many trips have I made to Trader Joe's? Zero. And the worst part is this - I don't feel guilty. Is this micro-cheating? Is this the beginning of a Whole Paycheck blog? Noooooooooo. At the end of the day, the only thing I like more than spending money is saving it, so I'd say TJ's still takes the edge. Especially when delicious snacks are involved.

You don't need a blogpost to know that this is TJ's version of goldfish snack crackers. So nostalgic. Except the TJ's version doesn't have "bad ingredients" or whatever.


Another wonderful product hailing from Canada! Lovely that Canada contributes such nice products to TJs. Terrible that Canada remains cold and Trader Joe's-less. :P 



I dunno if I buy the rocket shape. Maybe I lack the imagination. Or maybe...I have too much imagination and can only see a product prescribed for baaaaad constipation. And now perhaps you can't unsee it either. #nurseproblems 

I'm totally kidding. Shape associations aside, not only are these a spot on dupe for goldfish, I think these are moderately better. Goldfish and other cheddar animal snacks are pretty flat. These are a bit rounder and bigger than regular goldfish, which to me produces a better crunch. The cheese flavor is perfect. Not too sharp, not too mild. You don't need to be a kid to gobble these up. They're nostalgic but still quite tasty. $2.49 for a box. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Cheddar Rocket Crackers. Exactly what you think it is. Lives up to the hype. 8 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. These were at the tasting station one day and were exactly what I expected, like a better version of cheddar goldfish. And yeah, the shape is weird but at least my box didn’t have many broken ones.

    I actually had a new Whole foods open in my neighborhood about six months ago- i was so excited about it for a long time! However.... now they are having the same stocking problems so who knows if they what you came for in stock, and although the sale items can be a great deal the not on sale items quickly burn a hole in my wallet! I now shop there for the sale items and a few bulk bin things, otherwise most of my shopping is at trader joe’s where my buck goes a lot further

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment