Trader Joe's Mango & Cream Ice Cream

It seems unfair to post this, tantalize you with photos, and rub in the fact that you can't get this anymore because it's only available during the summer. And according to Starbucks especially, summer is officially over. Not to worry - the timing never worked out for me to get the tantalizing pics in the first place. When I had time, the lighting was bad. When the lighting was good, I was working or busy with other stuff. Isn't that life? You can't sit around and wait for the perfect shot - you either make it happen or miss out and roll with the punches. Or the ice cream. Cuz life doesn't wait for anyone. That got deep real quick. 


I first sampled this at the store and was blown away by how good it was. I raved to A about how good it was and he was like.."meh. I don't like it that much." I know people have different tastes (A does not share my enthusiasm for mango), but don't you feel a little sad when people don't love things as much as you do? Or maybe that's me..wishing everyone could love mango and pickle chips. Not together because that's a weird combination...or is it?? 



Pretty decent ingredient list. And yes, there's sugar cuz it's ice cream. :P 


Although I tend to prefer mango in sorbet form (a la mango mochi), the mango flavor with the cream was undeniably good. It reminded me of a really good strawberries and cream ice cream (think Haagen Daz), except here it's mango. The creaminess balances out the mango fruitiness for a rich but pure flavor. Why do they think this is only acceptable for the summer months?? 

Like most TJ's ice creams, this runs $4.99 for a quart, which if you think about it is the price of two pints of Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daz when it goes on sale. To me, it's still a great value considering the quality. Keep your eyes peeled for it during the summer months y'all! 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Mango & Cream Ice Cream. Delightfully rich mango ice cream. 8.5 out of 10. 

SaveSave

Comments