Trader Joe's Cornbread Crisps

About a year ago, my friend KK and I ventured out to Lancaster, PA like the grandmas that we are for a weekend road trip, which involved a wild night through a "flashlight corn maze." Yeah, I thought it sounded lame too but it turned out to be quite fun complete with fresh apple cider donuts (that were promptly dropped on the ground but they were very nice and gave us a new one at no extra charge. Yaaaasss). While this is no apple cider donut, I feel like this TJ's snack could easily be consumed, sitting around a fire on bales of hay, and maybe looking up at the stars while breathing in the crisp fall air. 


The packaging made me think of every stereotypical farmland I've seen in America. Which to me means Iowa, some parts of Missouri, and Lancaster, PA. :P 



Cornbread does have a nice flavor, but I'm not a huge cornbread consumer. To me, it's aiite. TJ's also has a decent cornbread mix in the baking section that comes out during the fall. One of my college roommates used to make it, and I remember that being okay too. 


It's not too bad for you! YAYYYYY


The taste isn't nearly as corny as it smells right out of the bag. The corn does come through, but honestly it tastes kinda like a wheat thin, except these are heftier with a stronger salty-sweet flavor. A says that the cornbread flavor isn't strong enough and that there should be more in order to really call these cornbread crisps. Personally, I don't find them particularly impressive as a standalone snack, but I could totally see this being delicious dipped in any sort of chili or stew. They wouldn't disintegrate right away like saltines, which is great because soggy crackers in your soup is pretty eghhhh. The diamond shape also fits the curvature of my mouth better than a square cracker, so that's a nice detail too. 


$2.49 per bag. Not a must-have buy, but if the weather is getting colder where you are, and you want something different to have with your crockpot or InstantPot (IT JUST CAME IN THE MAIL. CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY WITH MY NEW TOY) stew, this one is worth a shot. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Cornbread Crisps. A cornier, slightly improved Wheat Thin. 6.5 out of 10. 

Comments