Trader Joe's Cold Brew Latte Dessert Bars

I haven't been to a Trader Joe's in a month. A MONTH. It feels strange and wrong. It wasn't just a summer fling. I'm pretty sure what we had was real. And now that I'm farther away, it's just not the same. I miss you, TJ's, every time I walk up and down the aisles of a different store. All of the cliches   hold true. I would walk a thousand miles. You don't know what you're missing until it's gone. Actually you're not gone. I'm smack dab between two TJ stores. It's a matter of taking a 20-30 min drive. I guess I don't have any excuses after all. :P 


We are coming up on cold brew season, one of my favorite times of the year. I'm fairly certain there's nothing vaguely cold brew-esque about these dessert bars, but cold brew is so cool and trendy. It sells. And thankfully, it doesn't jack up the price too much. $1.99 for a box of 5, although, the box is a lot smaller in person. Boo. 



But there's actual cold brew here as the base. Alright alright. 


Kinda on the puny side if I'm honest. 


Now obviously, you can't make a popsicle with just plain cold brew. Plus, frozen cold brew isn't the best way to enjoy those fancy schmancy coffee notes. You need some milk/cream and sugar for the popsicle to have some taste. The actual coffee flavor is good and robust with a perfect level of bittersweet's. My only complaint - I kind of sort of wish it were on the creamier side like an ice cream versus a popsicle. And that was the same critique I had for the Kona Coffee ice cream, although I think that one has a better flavor profile. In its present form, it's basically a frozen iced coffee, which I think is exactly what TJ's was going for but it would taste more indulgent with a creamier base. 

But since it isn't that indulgent, I suppose that makes it waistline friendly. Not too much sugar or fat or anything else we're eating too much of in this country. I wouldn't be averse to repurchasing, but just know it's not my number one pick. If you love coffee ice cream, I'd pick up the Kona version, the regular, or the coffee mochi first. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Cold Brew Latte Dessert Bars. Cold brew based iced coffee on a stick. Not bad not bad. 7 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I haven't tried the others you mentioned but I love these, and I like the fact that they're not overly indulgent. I would like to know what the sticks are made of and how to recycle them because that matters to me. Can they be put with food waste? Paper recycling? Are they wood or bamboo or…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment