Trader Joe's Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea


Admittedly, I initially wrote off this product as too "granola crunchy" for me. Keep in mind - I lean sympathetically towards the crunchy-anti-Ron-Swanson side. However, I draw the line at trendy turmeric lattes (it also doesn't help that *TMI* I'm becoming lactose intolerant. Ish. Especially with cheese. WHY CHEESE. WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT CHEESE). Anyhoo, a mere mention from a friend that this was actually pleasantly interesting dispelled most of the doubts. 



Plus it's organic. Woohoo.


I also wasn't too sure of the ginger. You know how you eat certain foods ONLY when you get sick? Because those foods might be comforting or the only tolerable foods during that sickness, but you can't eat them any other time because you associate those foods with sickness. That's how I feel about ginger tea. Usually because I brew my ginger tea super strong to get rid of my colds. (I told my coworker one day to do that and she went home and boiled a whole thing of garlic and proclaimed that my remedy was miraculous. -_-) I'm also not a licorice fan. At all. I tried a licorice tea once and it was nauseating. 


Obsessed is not the right word here. I didn't expect to like this tea, much less rely on it regularly. Note that this tea consists of a ginger base, so you won't like it if you don't like ginger. However, it is not overwhelmingly gingery or spicy, so it doesn't make me think of the ginger water/tea that I have when I'm sick. I've never tried to consume turmeric alone, although some people do for health reasons. The turmeric lends a note of earthy spice/bitterness that tingles a bit on your tongue, but I find it subtle. There's no sugar in this, but the licorice leaves a sweet taste at the end of each sip in the back of your mouth that is just right. 

(And yes, the tea brews to a golden yellow color that would otherwise look pleasant if I wasn't a nurse. :P) 

Please note that this is herbal, and at least for me, it did take some time to adapt to the flavor. I like that the ginger, turmeric, and licorice are quite balanced. Can't really taste the orange peel/oil or pepper, but I suppose that adds to the slight brightness and baseline spiciness. The result? It's non-caffeinated, so I don't get revved up but it does help a little bit with my energy levels. More importantly, I think it's been helping to settle my stomach (along with not eating cheese. WHY). Or it could be placebo. I dunno. It's kinda sorta calming. I literally had a cup every day for the first week I had this tea. $2.49 per box. Would repurchase and recommend for those trying to curb your sweet tooth. Now if only there was a tea that would help the salty crunchies. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Organic Turmeric Herbal Tea.  Probably good for you. Balanced but interesting. Not too crazy herbal-y and leaves you with a sweet taste. 7.5 out of 10. 







Comments

  1. Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.for my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure.  I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet began to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr God hands whom god has bleesed with ancestral herbs gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD,Love spell, Hepatitis... so i make a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have being watching my health for 6 years now and I actually comfirmed that his herbal medicines are permamnent cure and I'm so happy that i came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr God hands Email: doctorgodhands@gmail.com  WhatsApp: +2349057214220.  if you gone through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because really honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment