Skip to main content

Trader Joe's Old World Rye Bread with Caraway Seeds

St. Patrick's Day is coming up. I know almost nothing about it except that you should wear green unless you want to get pinched by a bunch of elementary schoolers. And that it happens to be the same day as Match Day. Either way, lots of celebration or potential crying coming around the corner. Hopefully tears of joy. 


I picked up this bread a few weeks ago, not knowing that it's sort of St. Patrick's tradition to eat corned beef on rye bread. I've grown to enjoy rye bread in the past few years - mainly because of that earthy, fermented-ish taste. 



Note that while it is 16 oz, it's not a huge loaf of bread, which means that it's perhaps a bit denser than a typical sandwich loaf. This one is either $2.29 or $2.49. I expected this to be a ho hum rye bread, like what I would expect from a diner. Oh no my friend. The caraway seeds raise the bar and amp up the flavor in every bite. Bread usually serves as a vehicle to whatever topping you choose, but this is one of those breads that I enjoy just as much as the topping. TJ's is selling a non-TJ's brand corned beef that I recently sampled (tasty but on the salty side). If you can get your hands on it, it would go perfectly on this bread with a bit of mustard. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Old World Rye Bread with Caraway Seeds. Just make sure to toast it and that caraway flavor will carry you away. harharhar.  7 out of 10. 
SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Mochi Rice Nuggets

THE PACKAGING THO. HOW CAN I RESIST THAT. 

I immediately thought of School of Rock of course. What nuggets have to do with a band, I don't know. Is this another attempt at cultural appropriation? Perhaps not! Leave it to the Japanese to connect random things together usually in an ingenious way. Also, the singer says "Crispy" while the drummer says "Crunchy." THAT IS TOO CUTE. GAHHH I'm sold. 

Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea

Dear reader, you may notice in the coming days that there are changes coming to this blog. Not nearly as dramatic, controversial, or dlfjepotigfjad;lkgjadsf (for my readers not as fluent in internet speak, that was a keyboard pound of frustration) as say, the government, but changes nonetheless. Mostly because there is coming a day where I will not live within a stone's throw of a Trader Joe's store. A sad sad day. But probably a good day for my wallet. :P 

Trader Joe's Umami and Ginger Paste

I'm a big fan of the condiment section at TJ's, not because everything is ridiculously good but you can really find some hidden gems and get a good bang for your buck. ;D 
I cannot vouch for all of the spices and condiments - like salt, soy sauce, sriracha (no I haven't tried TJ's brand sriracha) I would buy elsewhere. However, because most of the spices have the same $1.99 flat price, you can get decent deals on things like curry powder, turmeric, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, and ground ginger.