Skip to main content

Trader Joe's 3 Cheese Wafers

Never judge a book by its cover. Which I try not to do. I also try not to judge people either because that's a sure fire way not to make friends. :P  Trader Joe's products on the other hand? I can't help it. 


If you've ever taken communion or seen communion, chances are you thought the same two words that A and I both thought on separate occasions. Communion Wafers. Cheese Communion Wafers. Yes, really. 


I might be overanalyzing the packaging, but it does give me some religious vibes. Look at that outstretched hand. Does it not invite you to partake of the cheesy thin crisp bread wafer thing? Come all ye who are hungry. Or munchy. Or crunchy because you can eat the whole box like I did and not suffer any guilt afterward.*

*Disclaimer: I'm sure the product does not reflect any actual religious views of Trader Joe's, any New Zealander, or Mantou Joe for that matter. I jest. 


I missed the fine print on the box that says "actual size." A bit smaller than a U.S. quarter.


These had a pretty nice cheese flavor. I tasted mostly the parmesan while A tasted mostly cheddar, so if you have more balanced taste buds, you'll probably taste both. Not overpowering but not subtle. Not too salty but not bland. It is so thin, however, that I question whether or not it would actually practical for charcuterie. Why would you use such a thin cracker as a vessel to transport cheese into your mouth? I don't get it.  The texture isn't bad. Very light and surprisingly crisp. 

$2.49 for an entire box. Which isn't that big anyway. Tasty? Sure. Repurchase? Maybe. If I'm feeling guilty but cheesy.  But when do I feel guilt? Rarely. If ever

TL;DR: Trader Joe's 3 Cheese Wafers. Thin & crisp cheese wafers. It's aiite I guess. An ambivalent 5.5 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea

Dear reader, you may notice in the coming days that there are changes coming to this blog. Not nearly as dramatic, controversial, or dlfjepotigfjad;lkgjadsf (for my readers not as fluent in internet speak, that was a keyboard pound of frustration) as say, the government, but changes nonetheless. Mostly because there is coming a day where I will not live within a stone's throw of a Trader Joe's store. A sad sad day. But probably a good day for my wallet. :P 

Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche

"THIS IS LIKE CRACK." No it's not (but it certainly could be), but A says that's how I tend to overhype stuff. The funny thing is that I know I overhype a lot of things, so I actually try not to overhype it. Because I don't want to proclaim, "THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER TASTED" about everything I try. But sometimes I can't help it, and the overhype spills out. Anyway, this is my meager attempt at NOT overhyping this bread (because it is pretty good actually and you should give it a try but I'm trying to restrain myself). 

Trader Joe's Umami and Ginger Paste

I'm a big fan of the condiment section at TJ's, not because everything is ridiculously good but you can really find some hidden gems and get a good bang for your buck. ;D 
I cannot vouch for all of the spices and condiments - like salt, soy sauce, sriracha (no I haven't tried TJ's brand sriracha) I would buy elsewhere. However, because most of the spices have the same $1.99 flat price, you can get decent deals on things like curry powder, turmeric, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, and ground ginger.