Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe's


I'm not a huge fan of the Joe Joe, Trader Joe's version of the ever popular creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie. It's probably deliciously organic or something, but Nabisco got me during my childhood and I've been loyal ever since. And if you've been following my blog, y'all know I'm not a huge sweets person, but I've made an exception for these babies. Keyword = dark chocolate. 




Like the regular peppermint Joe Joe's, these cookies are also seasonal. Still around but wildly popular, so get 'em while it's good. 


Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done TJ's. 


One serving = 140 calories. Worth it. 


One sleeve of cookies runs $3.99, which by normal store-bought cookies is kind of ridiculous, but these are bathed in dark chocolate. That's your extra $1 right there. These also aren't the type of cookies that can should be consumed in massive quantities. 


The MVP here is the dark chocolate. The bittersweetness of the dark chocolate works beautifully with the chocolate cookie and vanilla creme filling. I'm not usually a fan of peppermint, but the peppermint sprinkles embedded in the chocolate coating and the vanilla creme weren't too overwhelmingly minty and actually added a pleasant candy crunch, which A hated. His loss. 


The crunch sounded nice and brittle, which for me added to the enjoyment here. Ahh. The sound of cavities.  

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe's. Peppermint chocolate sandwich cookie, dunked in a wonderfully dark coat of more chocolate. Why not. 7 out of 10. 

Comments