Trader Joe's Next to Godliness Micellar Cleanser & Makeup Remover

A non-food review! Largely female-oriented! Unless you're Tony Stark or a K-pop star and wear BB cream on the regular. Nothing wrong with that y'all. 

    



I really try not to buy makeup wipes. They're not great for the environment. They're kind of overpriced. They dry out eventually if you don't use them fast enough. But they are so darn convenient, especially for tired people! I keep a pack around for those nights I come home from work too tired to wash my face or shower. Don't lie, I know y'all do it too. 



I'm no beauty guru, but I've noticed "micellar water" and "micellar cleansers" have been trending so much that they've even trickled down to Target. You know you've made it when you're on sale at Target. Anyway, I actually really liked them because unlike most wipes I've tried, these do not irritate my skin at all. Normally, my skin burns a little after using any kind of facial towelette, but these worked like a dream!  The no paraben, no alcohol, no allergen, plant extract thing probably has something to do with that. It does a pretty good job too removing dirt and makeup (waterproof eye makeup probably would need a little more help though), and it feels pretty refreshing on the skin. And they don't smell weird, which is always a plus. 

I bought these maybe 6 months ago in the winter, said to myself "hmmm not bad," and never got them again because I thought I couldn't justify the price for how often I would use it. But as I was power walking through Target the other day, I thought back to these wipes and realized how underrated they are. I found a new micellar wipe product at Target containing 25 wipes for $6.99 ($0.28 per wipe). It's actually pretty affordable, $3.99 per pack which comes out to $0.20 per wipe, which is not only price-comparable to most drugstore facial wipes but it's also "all natural" and moderately bougie thanks to the micellar. Bougie but affordable. Fits the bill for me. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Next to Godliness Micellar Cleanser & Makeup Remover. Don't eat this. Treat yo self without breaking yo self. 9 out of 10. 








Comments