Trader Joe's Peanut Butter & Jelly with Nonfat Greek Yogurt

In case y'all didn't notice, I went on hiatus. I fasted from my Trader Joe's blog - but that does NOT by ANY MEANS indicate that I fasted from Trader Joe's. I'd say shopping at Trader Joe's ranks in my top five favorite de-stressing activities up there with lying on my yoga mat (y'all should try it. It's therapeutic). In any event, here's to more regular posting and catching up with my ginormous backlog of products to review!





This is another relatively new (well it had the flashy new product sign maybe two months ago when I first saw it) product featured in the Fearless Flyer. Now my disclaimer - Trader Joe's greek yogurt simply does not measure up to other brands out there (Fage, Chobani for instance). It just doesn't have the same textural superiority. Greek yogurt should be THICK and CREAMY; if it's not, you might as well eat regular yogurt (but if you happen to not like super thick yogurt, then the TJ's consistency might be more suitable for you)I've tried most of the existing single-serving TJ greek yogurt flavors, which have been decent but unremarkable.  



I was half-expecting to see a swirled product a la this duo PB&J spread. I'll admit this beige color isn't the most appetizing look for yogurt, but this was surprisingly not bad! The tang from the greek yogurt prevents this from resembling a real PB&J sandwich, but it is nutty with a hint of strawberry-flavored sweetness. Be warned though that since it's an unconventional combination it's a love it or leave it type product. For me, it was one of those weird foods that grows on you, like a fungus or a stinky cheese. The more I eat it, the more I like it. In fact, it's the only single-serve TJ's greek yogurt I've been buying lately. It's weird and delicious. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Peanut Butter & Jelly with Nonfat Greek Yogurt. The ugly duckling. The dark horse. 7 out of 10. 



Comments