Skip to main content

Trader Joe's Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip




I could not finish this Trader Joe's Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip. It stayed in edible form for weeks in the fridge. Even still, I lacked the heart to finish it. Isn't it kind of alarming when greek yogurt dip doesn't go bad? Never judge a book by it's cover! Or a product by its packaging! Or a food by its name! 


This looks like one of those mystery dips from a jar that somebody, with kind intentions but poor taste buds, picked up from the store and plopped onto the chip platter, if you know what I mean. Honestly, I would have enjoyed it more if it were thicker, like actual greek yogurt. The actual texture was very thin, like something you would squeeze out of a mustard/salad dressing packet. The taste wasn't bad. It was spicy and smooth enough. I had a five year-old over, and she enjoyed it very much with baby carrots.


No matter how much I ate, it just would not go away. How much dip can you actually fit on one cracker with that texture? And so it stayed in my fridge until one day, I shuddered at the discrepancy between the best-by-date and the actual date and tossed the rest. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip. You are the weakest link. Goodbye. 4 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea

Dear reader, you may notice in the coming days that there are changes coming to this blog. Not nearly as dramatic, controversial, or dlfjepotigfjad;lkgjadsf (for my readers not as fluent in internet speak, that was a keyboard pound of frustration) as say, the government, but changes nonetheless. Mostly because there is coming a day where I will not live within a stone's throw of a Trader Joe's store. A sad sad day. But probably a good day for my wallet. :P 

Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche

"THIS IS LIKE CRACK." No it's not (but it certainly could be), but A says that's how I tend to overhype stuff. The funny thing is that I know I overhype a lot of things, so I actually try not to overhype it. Because I don't want to proclaim, "THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER TASTED" about everything I try. But sometimes I can't help it, and the overhype spills out. Anyway, this is my meager attempt at NOT overhyping this bread (because it is pretty good actually and you should give it a try but I'm trying to restrain myself). 

Trader Joe's Umami and Ginger Paste

I'm a big fan of the condiment section at TJ's, not because everything is ridiculously good but you can really find some hidden gems and get a good bang for your buck. ;D 
I cannot vouch for all of the spices and condiments - like salt, soy sauce, sriracha (no I haven't tried TJ's brand sriracha) I would buy elsewhere. However, because most of the spices have the same $1.99 flat price, you can get decent deals on things like curry powder, turmeric, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sticks, and ground ginger.