Trader Joe's Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip




I could not finish this Trader Joe's Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip. It stayed in edible form for weeks in the fridge. Even still, I lacked the heart to finish it. Isn't it kind of alarming when greek yogurt dip doesn't go bad? Never judge a book by it's cover! Or a product by its packaging! Or a food by its name! 


This looks like one of those mystery dips from a jar that somebody, with kind intentions but poor taste buds, picked up from the store and plopped onto the chip platter, if you know what I mean. Honestly, I would have enjoyed it more if it were thicker, like actual greek yogurt. The actual texture was very thin, like something you would squeeze out of a mustard/salad dressing packet. The taste wasn't bad. It was spicy and smooth enough. I had a five year-old over, and she enjoyed it very much with baby carrots.


No matter how much I ate, it just would not go away. How much dip can you actually fit on one cracker with that texture? And so it stayed in my fridge until one day, I shuddered at the discrepancy between the best-by-date and the actual date and tossed the rest. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip. You are the weakest link. Goodbye. 4 out of 10. 

Comments