Trader Joes Speculoos Ice Cream


Taken from my instagram...


I'm really quite surprised that I haven't seen this ice cream out of stock at my Trader Joe's. Or maybe they just do a good job of restocking the shelves. Anyway, if you haven't hopped onto the bandwagon that is this wonderful ice cream, you are missing out! Probably. But of course, if you're not a speculoos fan or an ice cream fan (gasp), then you can move along and clear the frozen food aisle so the rest of us can get to this ice cream. 


Notice that the first ingredient in this is REAL CREAM. Ain't nobody got time for that artificial stuff. If I'm going to have ice cream, I want the real deal! I like that the speculoos bits are sprinkled throughout the ice cream rather than contained to a handful of big chunks. That way every bite has the gingerbread-y, cinnamon-y/spicy flavor.  And don't you just hate it when half the container of a cookie dough ice cream is just ice cream without cookie dough? Not a problem with this baby. The flavor is so rich and deliciously wonderful, a couple of spoonfuls usually does the trick for me. At $4.49 for a quart, this thing can last me a good while. Which might not be the case for you because be warned, this ice cream is just so good and worth every penny! Good job Trader Joe. You the man. 

One day, I shall bake speculoos cookies with speculoos cookie butter and slather this speculoos ice cream between two cookies and make the ultimate speculoos ice cream sandwich. My English teacher would slam me for the redundancy in that sentence. But it's just so good. 

TL;DR: Speculoos ICE CREAM people. Must try!  9 out of 10

Comments