Speculoos Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches: Review + Recipe

My dear friends, this is it. This is the perfect 10. No, I don't mean the cookies. These two things BEG to be together. Like Romeo and Juliet, but less tragic. 




My friends included this box of speculoos cookies in the bag of "CONGRATULATIONS-YOU'RE-ENGAGED" Trader Joe's goodies. My mind immediately jumped to the ice cream and how wonderful the two things would taste together. I imagine this is how the PB&J sandwich was born. Somebody tasted jelly or PB and thought, "what if I put this together with PB/Jelly?" Genius. Just genius.
  


As for the actual cookies, the description says it all - "crisp caramelized cinnamon spiced Belgian cookies." Perfectly crispy, I would agree. Not too dry, crumbly, or overwhelmingly cinnamon-y. Overall a very good coffee biscuit. Probably now at the top of my favorite Trader Joe's cookies. And I can't believe they're vegan! Because how could any non-vegans possibly enjoy vegan food? To the naysayers, yes, it is possible. 

Trader Joe's Speculoos Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

1 generous scoop of Speculoos ice cream
2 Speculoos cookies

Scoop a generous amount of speculoos ice cream onto a speculoos cookie. Top with another cookie. 



The picture doesn't do justice to the flavor combo. Now some may wonder, isn't this speculoos overload? Au contraire! The cookies themselves are more cinnamon-y than sweet, which makes them the perfect vehicle for the ice cream. The textures and flavors just work! Crispy, creamy, rich, cinnamon-y, speculoos goodness. If this one-two punch does not convince you to hop aboard the speculoos train, dare I say nothing will.

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie. A darn good, sophisticated European coffee biscuit. 8 out of 10. 

TL;DR2: Speculoos Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. Perfection. 10 out of 10.



Comments

Post a Comment