Trader Joe's Mango Coconut Flavored Caramel Corn

So..I recently took a break from Trader Joe's. By break, that means I went a week without stopping in. Maybe a week and a half. I returned today, and it was like a mango explosion. Mango Mania has landed y'all. Think the fall pumpkin spice craze except mango mango mango. Take my money. Welp.




Except I can't justify spending my hard-earned money on everything mango, so I'm trying to try things that I think might be worth trying. Cuz ya gotta try try try. For the record, this caramel corn is so not a usual Mantou Joe pick. Y'all know I keep it salty and crunchy around here. 


This popcorn is supposed to taste like summer. A sugary tropical mango party in your mouth. With some coconut oil cuz that's healthy right? So is couch-surfing. That takes energy. :P 


I really cannot rationalize why I ended up picking this up when the first ingredient is SUGAR. My eyes must have glazed over and I must have picked up the product with the shiniest packaging. 


First impression? It's horrifically sweet. If you have a sweet tooth, you might like it. A says this is a glorified Cracker Jack. I don't blame him. The mango and coconut flavors are pretty overwhelmed by the butter and the sugar. It took several bites to find them actually. The mango flavor was hardly detectable, but the coconut flavor was decent and surprisingly pleasant. In fact, it could have used a tad more. Overall, this caramel corn was too overwhelmingly artificial for me. I would have toned down the sugar and amped up the mango and coconut flavors more, because right now it's basically sugar with a hint of coconut-mango [dust]. Not terrible but not worth repurchase. $2.99 makes it try-worthy though, if you like sweets. 

What was I thinking? I wasn't. Approach that mango mania with discernment y'all! Stay tuned for more! 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Mango Coconut Flavored Caramel Corn. Sugary caramel corn with a Where's Waldo-mango-coconut flavor. 4 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I think the coconut is strong! Glad someone else is trying it though! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment