Green Fin White Table Wine

This is not a Trader Joe's exclusive product. I also know *very little* about wine. I'm a simple wine taster- taster not drinker because if the opportunity presents itself, sure I'll try it because I like trying things. This wine is marketed as a "table wine" (as opposed to a couch wine, a lounge chair wine, or a bathtub/pool/hot tub wine) - an inexpensive, non-sparkling, decent, easy-to-drink wine for eating with a meal. I picked this up out of sheer curiosity during that phase of quarantine where you decide to try something new because there's only so many puzzles you can do and shows/movies you can watch before you start to feel like you are going nowhere. I picked up wine tasting, which is incredibly difficult when you're not a wine drinker and you're the only wine taster in the house. 

It's a white table wine from an organic winery in California. OOOOO. Also cute, rustic packaging. 


1) The description does not mean much to me - it just means it's fruity and sweet and not at all bitter. A smooth aftertaste also means nothing to me - it's a liquid, how can it be smooth? 

2) This is not at all a fancy wine. It also doesn't taste entirely like a cheap wine. It was very drinkable for me -sweet and fruity enough where it's understood that it's for the masses but not so sweet where you wonder where the alcohol is or whether or not it's just juiced up juice. 

3) But still pretty sweet and reasonably fragrant. It's like the Disneyland of wines - crowd-pleasing, fun for most people, and a bit saccharine. 

4) Unlike a bunch of some of the other wines I tried, I was able to finish the whole bottle because it was very drinkable. The chardonnay I tried? Not so much. The blood orange rose? Too syrupy - also it ain't blood orange. It's a cheap rose with a syrupy orange liqueur. 

5) I don't remember the exact price, but it's around the $5 price point.  

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Green Fin White Table Wine. A sweet sweet white table wine for people who "don't drink wine." 8 out of 10. Mantou Joe repurchase? For the right crowd, I think so. 
 

Comments