Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

This post is dedicated to an old friend WH (by old I mean I've known him for a while, not in reference to his age! But I suppose it could be that too. Just kidding. :D) I have to give him and one of my old college roommates credit for converting me to Trader Joe's. But of all the people I have to credit with bringing me over to the dark side, my Trader Joe's obsession would not exist without him. He voluntarily drove a group of us (but a lot of the time just me cuz how's a girl gonna say no to my man TJ?) every week to TJ's and introduced me to things like chicken sausage and THESE BABIES. 





Good for post-run recovery, says the man who would run 10 miles before church (this all happened before the rest of us got up from our beds). One a day keeps the doctor away, like a vitamin! Except this is much better than a vitamin. We would all be taking vitamins if they were covered in dark chocolate and had delicious peanut butter centers.



Looks like a Reeses? No not really. Look at the shape. It's completely different.
Tastes like a Reeses? Definitely not. This is much better. The peanut butter tastes much better.

To me, the commercialized stuff tastes like candy. Which is fine and good but kind of whatever at the end of the day. But the dark chocolate PB cups? Bliss that melts in the mouth.


I remember a time where the 22nd St. Trader Joe's NEVER had this in stock. They had piles and piles of the milk chocolate PB cups, but the dark chocolate ones were frequently sold out. Dark chocolate changes everything y'all. 

TL;DR: Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Nostalgia and sweet creamy goodness enclosed in a smooth dark chocolate exterior. WAHH SO GOOD. 9 out of 10. 

Comments